At the Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago, the health and welfare of our staff and clients are our highest priority. As the coronavirus situation in Illinois continues to change, we are closely monitoring developments and following recommendations from the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
We are proud that as a longtime leader in delivering HIPAA-compliant telehealth counseling, all of our therapists are offering video-counseling options.
If you are already seeing one of our therapists, you can work with them directly to transition to teletherapy. If you have not already signed an informed consent form to be able to utilize our online counseling technology, you can do so here.
If you are a new client, we welcome you to contact us to discuss the option that works best for you.
To give our patients some assistance in maintaining therapy, we are offering a reduced rate for the duration of the quarantine in Illinois. We want to do what we can to help you continue working towards resilience. Starting Friday, April 3, we will reduce our rates by 25% until the quarantine has been lifted and people can begin going back to work.
We encourage you to continue seeking therapy; this is an ideal opportunity to learn how to overcome anxiety and meet life’s challenges with strength and determination.
We will continue to post articles and links from our own staff on our Practice News page so you can keep informed. For additional resources to help you cope with anxiety during these challenging times, we recommend:
- From our staff:
- Join Dr. Karen Cassiday on Facebook Live, Thursdays at 1 p.m. (CST). She will answer questions about being at home with your kids, becoming an instant homeschool, and the general stress of COVID-19.
- Listen to Dr. Dustin Siegel on The Special Siblings podcast episode “Coping with COVID-19 #2: Managing Anxiety in an Uncertain World” via iTunes, Spotify, or SoundCloud.
- Read Christina Maxwell’s advice on coping with anxiety during quarantine and why you can maintain hope in a time of fear.
- Watch Sydney Frattura Krampschroer’s video on tips and strategies for sheltering in place without giving in to anxiety and the stress of uncertainty.
- Other recommended resources:
- Helpful expert tips and resources on managing COVID-19 anxiety: The Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Resources for the OCD and related disorders community about COVID-19: The International OCD Foundation
- COVID-19 updates from the CDC
- Watch Dr. David Price of Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City as he shares information in a March 22nd Zoom call with family and friends on empowering and protecting families during the COVID-19 pandemic.