For Doctoral Students
The Post-Doctoral Training Program provides advanced opportunities for training in cognitive behavioral assessment, therapy, and consultation/liaison work while preparing for licensure. Both individual and group supervision are provided. Opportunities for learning supervisory skills with graduate students and public speaking are also provided for those who are interested. Interested applicants must have graduated from an APA-accredited Doctoral program and internship and have received prior clinical training in cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety and OC spectrum disorders. They must also have a theoretical orientation that is cognitive behavioral.
To apply for the Post-Doctoral Training Program, applicants should submit a copy of their transcript, curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference to Careers@AnxietyTreatmentCenter.com.
The Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago is a premier counseling group practice founded in 1995, serving the greater Chicagoland community with locations in Deerfield, downtown Chicago, and Oak Brook. We are a thriving and growing fee-for-service practice looking to add to our diverse team. Our mission is to provide empirically-based treatment to young children through adults suffering from anxiety and related disorders. We offer individual, family, and intensive exposure-based therapy, ACT, DBT, and cognitive behavioral therapies. Our specialty practice is well known for its creative and intensive treatment that helps complicated and treatment-refractory patients make progress and discover mental wellness. We believe in a healthy work/life balance not only for our clients, but for our staff as well. The Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago offers the best of both worlds for those who want the benefits of working autonomously while experiencing the energy and support of a team environment.
We are seeking seasoned clinicians to join our expanding practice throughout the Chicagoland area. Preferred candidates will possess the following:
- Master’s or Doctorate in psychology, social work, counseling, school counseling, or related fields
- License of PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT, or LCPC in the State of Illinois
- Minimum 3 years recent experience post-graduate degree
- Training and experience in CBT and ERP, including children and adolescents.
Training and experience in DBT, while not required, will be given special consideration. Work hours and schedules may vary depending on clients and The Anxiety Treatment Center’s needs; therefore our therapists are willing and able to work evenings and/or weekends and are motivated to see a case-load of 25+ clients per week.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for The Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago.
- Participate in consultation or supervision in accordance with licensure law(s), attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by ATC.
- Conduct individual, group, and/or family therapy in a professional manner in accordance with state regulations, professional licensure law(s), and company policies so as to maintain and increase the goodwill and reputation of ATC.
- Assess clients to determine fit for outpatient treatment and establish provisional diagnosis and initial treatment plan.
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Respond to existing clients’ request-for-service calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, via voicemail, etc.
- Charge and collect payments from clients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by ATC.
- Complete written records for each client in a timely manner including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time to time by ATC or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient.
- Be respectful, cooperative, and collaborative with co-workers.
- Competitive compensation
- Health Insurance (pre-tax deduction with 50% company subsidy)
- Simple IRA with 3% retirement matching
- Office manager who handles all intakes, initial scheduling, and accounting
- Steady stream of referrals
- Weekly supervision with case consultation (this is an all-staff meeting)
- Individual consultation with our Clinical Director
- Continuing education opportunities and funding
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Attractive office space
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees and patients. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team are critical to our success as a premier counseling practice helping individuals overcome anxiety and thrive in their lives. We want to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Towards that end, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All aspects of employment, including decisions to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs, without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Come join us.
Interested applicants should send a letter of introduction, CV, transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to Careers@AnxietyTreatmentCenter.com. For more information, contact us at 877-559-0001.